Friday, August 2, 2013

Interview with TaraElla August 2013

We have followed you for quite a few years, and we have noticed that you changed and somewhat matured over the years. How do you feel you have changed?
I have definitely changed. I feel as though I see things more clearly now, and have more holistic ideas about the world. I am also a lot less critical of some people and things, I guess. I am still angered by the lack of justice in this world, however.

And how has that influenced your work?
I guess I am less angry in my tone. I was probably never really angry when writing my music, but sometimes my writing was quite angry. I guess I am more about ideas now than feeling dissatisfied about the world.

One thing certainly hasn't changed - it appears you are still as strong a supporter of marriage equality as before.
Yes, that's totally me. I don't waver in supporting justice in the world. And I know it's going to take a long time for most of the world. I promise I will be there to support it all the way.

Now, you're also a supporter of family values. Yet some people who are family values orientated are also your opponents on marriage equality. How do you deal with that?
People have mistaken ideas about all sorts of things. Marriage equality is the ultimate expression of family values, I believe, and I don't care what people say.

About your music now. You used to be quite focussed on doing classical pop ballads for a while. But now you want to diversify. Is that true?
Yes, it's true. People need to explore new stuff all the time. Music is about exploration. I still think ballads are beautiful and I will still be doing some, but I will also be doing other stuff too.